My grandma made these stuffed mushrooms all the time, but I never wanted to try one until I smelled them cooking. The smell of these will make your mouth water… especially the stuffing. You will want to eat all of the stuffing before they even make their way into the little mushroom caps. I’m getting hungry typing this, so I’ll get right to it so that you can jump off your couch or out of your work chair and go get some mushrooms to make this recipe STAT!
Stuffed Mushrooms: The Ingredients:
1 box white mushrooms
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (I like Italian seasoned ones)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1-2 cloves minced garlic
2 T chopped flat leaf parsley
1 T white wine
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. Wash then stem the mushrooms so that just the little caps are left over.
3. Take the mushroom stems, along with one whole mushroom and chop them up into tiny pieces.
3. Spray some Pam in a frying pan and drop the garlic in for about a minute or two on medium heat.
4. Add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and parsley and let them mingle around until warm. If it looks a little dry, feel free to add some white wine.
5. Let the filling cool, and stuff those mushrooms! You can sprinkle some cheese on the top of these if you’d like
6. Transfer to a Pam’d baking dish, spritz some Pam on top of the mushrooms and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the stuffing is heated through and a pretty golden on top,.
These are great little party appetizer or a side dish, or awesome as a meal if you pair them with a salad and maybe a piece of crusty french bread.
I had these the other night as a side dish to homemade pizza. Great combo. What would you eat these with??