Spring! One day, I’ll quit talking about how excited I am that it isn’t winter anymore. But not today!
This dish is one my Mom and I saw on Rachael Ray’s 30 minute meals TV show. I used to claim to not be able to stand her perky personality and meals that seemed to be thrown together, but I’m okay with her now. In fact, I actually really like her magazine–you should give it a try.
Most recipes my family or I see on TV/in a magazine/in a cookbook/online etc that we decide to make tend to get modifed in some way. My Mom modified this recipe to make it more fresh and less creamy, and also vegetarian! Pro Tip: read recipe reviews/comments to get tips and tricks. Or just keep coming back here and I’ll dole them out!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked tiny pasta (I used Ditalini)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, a handful
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper
1.Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
2. Add garlic and onions and cook for about 1 minute.
2. Add green pepper, zucchini and carrots. Saute 5 minutes, or until veggies are cooked.
3. Add in your favorite tiny pasta (orzo is the best, but whatever you have works!) Stir in parmesan cheese, parsley and peas. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste. Add some garlic salt if needed.
The picture barely does this recipe justice. Add a salad or a piece of baguette to this meal and enjoy. Maybe even take it and eat outside!